Monday, September 29, 2008

Eating Disorders:

Do you have an eating disorder?

If you agree with two or more of these statements, you may have a strong tendency toward eating disorders. Get help now!

1.I try to be thinner than all my friends.
2.I panic if I gain two pounds.
3.I use laxatives for weight control.
4.I go for long periods without eating much as a way to lose weight.
5.My friends tell me I am thin, but I don’t believe them because I feel fat.
6.I like to eat alone. I make excuses so I don’t have to eat with my family.
7.I sometimes eat huge amounts of food and then make myself vomit.
8.I enjoy making treats for others as long as I don’t have to eat any.
9.The thing I fear most is becoming fat.
10.I get upset if I can’t exercise as much as planned.
11.My family makes me angry when they keep pushing food at me.
12.I tend to be a perfectionist.


There are an estimated 5 million people in the U.S. who suffer from eating disorders. Young women are particularly susceptible (though one of my guy friends from my college days was bulimorexic). Think about your friends, family and acquaintances–it is likely that one out of twenty of the adolescent and twenty-something women you know have an eating disorder.

No comments: